Wecome...

Thanks so much for stopping by. I look forward to you sharing thoughts and comments about my blog posts and to getting to know you better through them.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Below is the Christmas E-Mail I sent to my volunteers, and it will give you a little flavor of what is happening in my world this holiday season.

Hi All,
Is everyone ready for Christmas?  Would I be bragging if I said I was?  It is easy when you don't do much...  This year my husband is having a total knee replacement (12/19) and there is no way my personality could handle having all the Christmas "crap" sitting around until such a time that he can climb back into the attic to take care of it (I like to adhere to our stick division of marital labor, and climbing into the attic is DEFINITELY his job!) so we didn't put up any decorations this year.  We have a neighbor that always gets us a poinsettia and I hung a few bulbs and some garland on my rosemary tree and we called it good. 
I am also a big believer in "shopping at home," and those of you that have experienced my computer skills know I don't mean Internet shopping!  I walk around and look for things that others might enjoy.  Sometimes the gifts just call out to me that so-and-so would LOVE having me at their house so that is how I decide.  For the rest of the people in my life, Christmas was a craft this year so as I see those of you that didn't come to the party I will present you with the wonderful creation made just for my volunteers. 

I hope you have a wonderful celebration with all of your loved ones and that all of your Christmas wishes come true!  Know that you are treasured and appreciated by all of us at Hospice Advantage (me most of all), and look forward to my New Years e-mail next week! :)
Many blessings,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment